Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 2 Ring the Alarm

Last night I made a schedule for the things that I wanted/needed to get done today and then as the day progressed, I made what I called my actual schedule, because as we know life happens. My schedule was off A LOT, but over the weekend, I am going to evaluate my few day of scheduling and see if I can come up with a good schedule that actually works for me. This is all an attempt to be more productive and get things on track. It seems that I have a habbit of starting something and not finishing it, but I'm going to keep trying to break that habbit day by day. I think it may come from being confident in what you are doing, because if you are confident, then there is no reason to second guess yourself!

So, on with the title for today.. I decided that I want to eat something every 2 and a half hours, and since I will have trouble remembering to do so, I came up with this brilliant idea to have an alarm go off on my phone every time I need to eat. I'm sure this will get annoying, but the goal here is to get into a routine of doing things. Today, I did well with eating frequently, so I can't wait to see what the next few days will hold.

I'm calling this phase of my plan setting the tone, because I'm trying to get things figured out, you can't just jump right into a weight reduction plan and expect to stick to it if you don't give yourself room to grow. So the goal I've set for myself is to actually log calories, increase fruits and vegetables in my diet and exercise at least 20 minutes for 4 days a week. I'm also making a list of foods that I like to eat, so I can find alternatives and be prepared when those cravings hit. wish me luck:)

1 comment: